The countryside is coming to town….
From 11am to 4pm on Sunday the 20th May Lincoln’s Arboretum will be will filled with the sights, sounds and smells of the countryside.
A group of local charities are working together to host Lincoln’s first ever “Countryside Show in the City”. This family fun filled event will bring the whole community together to celebrate all things food and farming.
Attractions will include: A Main Ring featuring ‘The Sheep Show’, Dog Agility, Falconry display, the Sing it Loud Choir and much more… There will also be
· A Food, Farming and Countryside Area- complete with tractors, farm animals and countryside crafts such as spinning, wood turning, chainsaw carving, blacksmithing, milking and ferret racing.
· A Green and Growing Area - with activities and information on wildlife, conservation, composting, recycling, green living, grow your own and community gardening. As well as plants and natural crafts for sale.
· A Food Area with trade stands selling tasty local specialities and fresh locally grown produce
· A community Area - featuring Lincoln’s many charities and local community groups
· A children’s zone- complete with bouncy castle, pony rides and fun have-a -go activities and
· An Arts Craft and Produce Show- open to anyone in Lincoln to enter.
Event Coordinator Mary Hollis from Green Synergy- says “speaking on behalf of the group of us who are jointly organising this, we are really excited about the event. Not only do we hope that it will be a fantastic affordable day out for local people and families but, importantly it will also bring a slice of the countryside right into the heart of Lincoln. It will give people an opportunity to personally experience and find out more about the farming and our amazing rural county without having to travel outside of the city”
For further information visit https://www.facebook.com/CountrysideShowInTheCity
Tickets can be bought from
· Green Synergy- 49 Roman Pavement Lincoln
· The Arboretum Café
· Developmentplus at Queens Park Community Hub
· Voluntary Centre Services, City Hall, Beaumont Fee