Attractions across North Kesteven open for free to celebrate heritage open days 2017!
join us in the celebrations as venues across North Kesteven open their doors to the public for free from 7 to 10 September. Heritage Open Days celebrates England’s fantastic architecture and culture by offering free access to places that are usually closed to the public or normally charge for admission. Every year on four days in September, buildings of every age, style and function throw open their doors and is a once-a-year chance to discover architectural treasures and enjoy a wide range of tours, events and activities that bring local history and culture to life.
We are delighted to announce that participating venues within North Kesteven are:
- Quaker House, Brant Broughton – Exhibition: Brant Broughton Quakers – working towards equality. Open Thursday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm, Sunday, 1 to 4pm.
- Heckington Windmill – Visit: open Thursday to Sunday 12 to 4pm.
- Lincolnshire Road Transport Museum – Visit: open Saturday and Sunday.
- Cranwell Aviation Heritage Museum - Exhibition: last chance to see High Flying Women Pioneering Aviators.Thursday to Sunday, 10am to 4.30pm.
- St Denis’ Parish Church, Silk Willoughby – Display: Teaching and Preaching. Thursday to Sunday, 10am to 4.30pm.
- Navigation House – Visit: Describing the Heritage of the Sleaford Navigation. Thursday & Friday, 12 to 4pm and Saturday & Sunday, 11am to 4.30pm.
- Cogglesford Watermill – Visit: History in Action! Milling Day on Sunday 10 September, 11am to 4pm.
- Sleaford History Group Presents – Baron Hussey, Robert Carre, and the Lincolnshire Rising 1536 – a walk with Simon Pawley. Sunday, 2 to 3.30pm.
- Welbourn – “Will, the Boy from Welbourn”, the life and the times of Field Marshal Sir William Robertson. Sunday,11am to 1pm. Booking essential. Call 01400 272623.
To find out more about what’s happening at these venues go to www.heritagelincolnshire.org and find the online search directory; alternatively, you can pick up a Lincolnshire Heritage Open days brochure in many venues across the county. You can also request a brochure by calling the NKDC tourism unit on 01529 308207.